Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mono Lake

Ok, I am really bad at processing my pictures.  Anyway, trying to get them out, this is from our Mono Lake trip last week.  I have not been to the other side of the Sierra mountains especially the central range.  This is an area that I wanted to get to and now that I have, I will be going back.  If you are into nature, this area gives a lot of vistas which few see.  (I think many stop at Yosemite but do not go beyond.)

Pictures of Tufas.  The formation from Mono Lake.  Realize that these for under water and these are completely on dry land.  The lake itself is really low compared to its level from the 20's but really low compared to its ancient levels.



This is the famous Tufa everyone pictures.  We did not get to the North side.  It would have been interesting since they have some Tufa's but not as many as the South side.


A Wilson's Phalarope that I caught in the act of catching a fly.  Well I'm pretty sure.  There where a lot of Alkali Flies about and Brine Shrimp.




No comments:

Post a Comment