Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DxO Optics Pro 10

I normally do not do reviews and this is not one, it is just an observation on one new feature that DxO Optics 10 provides.

I've just started looking at photo editors/workflow managers again since Apple is stopping Aperture.  I know that Aperture is supported through Yosemite but I have started noticing weird behavior in Aperture under Yosemite like taking a very long time to sync with its library.  So that just prompted me to move sooner.

So DxO Optics has this new feature called ClearView.  After reading about it, some people have really liked it and said it was spectacular, thus after coming back from Pt Reyes this last weekend and having the fog being its ever present self, I figured to give it a try against fog and not just haze.

This picture is the approach to the Pt Reyes lighthouse.  About 10AM in the morning with a good bit of fog.  The second picture is what ClearView did just with default settings.



This next picture was the walk from the lighthouse back to the parking area.  The fog has lifted some and again the first picture is the before shot.



So I have used it a couple of times now and really like it.  I'll say that I have seen people process shots without this feature and have probably done a better job, but with my skill level, I know that I'll be able to pull a few more picture to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment