Monday, February 15, 2016

President's Day Weekend

This is probably a first.  Posting the pictures within 48 hours.  Yeah.

This weekend was so nice that I had to get out and about.  First I ended up going to Pt Reyes and noticed that tide plus waves where coming almost to where we hold our annual beach picnic.  I only really expect it getting that high during storms.


Being such a nice day, I ended up in Bodega for a late lunch.


Then on Sunday I headed out to Half Moon Bay.  Not the weekend to go there since Mavericks happened on Friday, there seemed to be a lot more people around.  Also it was Valentine's Day, thus it seemed many more people where about.  First I visited Montara Beach where I caught this guy surfing.  He was waiting so long out there that I almost missed his ride.  Actually he rode this ride all the way into the beach.


Here is the surf sequence.


Now came Devil's Slide.  This is the section of Hwy 1 where they built a new tunnel bypassing a troubled section of the highway.  Both sides have a parking area and the old highway is now a hiking path along the coast.  It's a short 1.5 mile hike.  The first is a bridge leading to the tunnel.


Since the traffic was stop and go, I took a quick picture out the sun roof.  Just reached up.  The wide-angle lens gives a neat perspective.


Devil's Slide hike.


Old lookout stations.


Now for the fun thing.  I happened to be at the right angle to the sun and wind was whipping the waves into a mist, creating a rainbow.


Now for the spring picture.  I guess it has come, our pine trees are releasing pollen.  I saw the pollen cloud but could not get my camera quick enough but you can see the result when I stepped out on the deck to get the picture.  People normally do not believe me when I say the cars turn yellow in the spring.  (This is just one day and it is a good thing that non of us have allergies but I would hate to try and guess the pollen count. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment