Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pt Arena Lighthouse

Here are a couple of time lapse sequences that I shot at the Pt Arena Lighthouse.  I was hoping the sunset would do a little more than it did but I did learn that small changes in setup distance can mean a lot.

This first one I missed getting the sun directly through the top of the lighthouse by about 2 minutes and 5 feet.  I noticed that the sun could be positioned in the light house window and changed my setup to catch it.  The sun was still about above the lighthouse at the time, but in the 2 minutes it took to reposition and realign, it was just below the top of the window.


This next one is basically a continuation.  I noticed that the sun would actually set behind the brush in the foreground, thus I wanted to move quickly to a new location.  I moved about 20 feet to the left, a spot where I hoped put the sun on the horizon right between the lighthouse and brush.  As you will see, I just missed and the sun set right behind the corner of the brush.  (If I had moved just 3 more feet to the left, I would have had a clear shot.)  Again, timing and setup needed to be a lot more precise then I had thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment