Sunday, July 28, 2013

Horse Camp

Just spent an few days with my daughter while she was attending a mini horse camp.  She certainly learned a lot about caring for horses and not just riding.  All the kids had to share in the responsibility of feeding and watering the horse.  Anyway, I had a little time to play with the camera also.  Since I like panoramics, it is not surprising that I created one.  This time I did something a little different and used both my 28-300 and my 14-24.  This being a DX camera, the 28 is really 42 and the 14 is 28.  What surprised me was how different each turned out.  (I guess after looking and thinking about it, it is not that surprising.)

Here is the 28.


And here is the 14.


Both created with Hugin and shot from the same location.  I did like using the 14 better since it allowed me to capture more of the sky.  The 28 sometimes does not allow enough overlap to be included in the show.  (Also I tend not to have the 14 with me when I see something I was to do a panoramic of.)

The next is a couple of nice sunset shots from the second to the last night at camp.



And here is the parting shot as the kids ride off on one of the last rides.  (My daughter actually is the least experience of the group and this was an easier ride, but all the same she enjoyed it a lot.)


No comments:

Post a Comment