Monday, January 27, 2014

LA 2013 Santa Monica

Ok this is the last in the series.  This is also the one in which my daughter liked the most.  The Santa Monica pier at low tide.  She had so much fun running around under the pier finding tide pool life, it was hard for one of the other parents to keep up.

I guess the stars of the show, pun intended, where the star fish.  They where everywhere and this was also the problem.  I saw too many starfish being carried away as trophies.  This first guy was fun to watch and after about 20 minutes and the number of people increasing, I had my daughter moving him closer to the tide line to give him a fighting chance to escape from being a trophy.



Here are a couple of macro shots.  (Having to try my macro lens.)



And the sunset.



And finally the pier.  I really need a light tripod to travel with.



No comments:

Post a Comment