Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day at Fort Point

January 2015:

Fort Point San Francisco.  The day starts like most days in San Francisco cool and foggy.  This is not my normal location since I tend to haunt the Marin side more but my wife and daughter had things going on in the city and I decided to head to Crissy Field to look around, thus the wandering to Fort Point.  At first I could not believe I have missed this place but upon talking with my wife, it seems that I have forgot about it.  She said that we had visited it many times.  Ok, now I am feeling old.

Anyway here a few pictures from Fort Point and the area.  This would be a few nice trip for anyone who is inclined to do some photography.

Here is an artsy picture of the chains guard rail that I parked at.  Ocean spray does wonders.  This second picture is down the hallway of the barracks.


Since the Fort sits right under the San Francisco side of the Golden Gate Bridge, you would be hard pressed to find an area where you would not get a picture of the bridge also.  The lighthouse at the Fort and the Bridge structure.  Oh and fog.


This view from on the Bridge looking down on the Fort will give you a perspective of the civil war fort.  The wall cannon placement and the second picture is of the lower cannons which faced the bay.


The fort also offered a good opportunity to do B&W.  Here are a couple shots followed by one of the Golden Gate.


View of the Golden Gate from the Fort.


Was going to post the Bridge picture here but I think that will be the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment